Publishing Series - September
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for our FREE MONTHLY PUBlLISHING SERIES! I am so excited that International Energy Coach, Spiritual Practitioner, speaker & workshop facilitator Kris Ferraro will be joining us in September!
SEPTEMBER TOPIC - BALANCING CONTROL & SURRENDER IN THE PUBLISHING PROCESS
The creative process of writing involves that which is in your control: showing up, getting words on paper, and editing. Along with that process comes other elements to which you surrender, like inspiration and flow. How do you strike this balance in publishing your book? Especially when it feels like the power is outside of you? In this talk, Kris Ferraro will share her own publishing story along with how she struck the balance of Control and Surrender while writing her latest book. Tune in for practical manifesting tips to help get your words out into the world in the best way possible.
FEATURED AUTHOR - KRIS FERRARO
Kris Ferrraro is an International Energy Coach, Spiritual Practitioner, speaker & workshop facilitator. Kris frequently speaks to diverse audiences, spreading a message of practical empowerment through faith, balanced energy and spiritual wisdom. Her first book, "Energy Healing: Simple and Effective Practice to Become Your Own Healer", introduces new audiences to energy psychology. Her next, "Manifesting: The Practical, Simple Guide to Creating the Life You Want" debuted August 24th. Both from St. Martin's Press. "Manifesting" distills ten years of her best metaphysical practices to instruct readers in creating lives that sing.
Links to purchase book:
ABOUT THE PUBLISHING SERIES
Demystifying the Publishing Industry One Author at a Time
This series was created to support writers who want to put their words out into the world. It was created to show that there is no one “right way” to get published - there are many paths to publication and this series will give you courage, inspiration and information so you can make your own decision about which path you want to explore and which is “right” for YOU.
WHO IS THIS SERIES FOR?
This series is for you if:
- You want to get published but don’t know anything about the publishing industry
- You know about publishing a little bit but are unsure about which route to take
- You have a complete or almost complete project and are thinking about next steps
- You are overwhelmed by the process of getting published
- You are ready to submit your work but don’t know where to start
- You are interested in making an informed decision and have agency about the way your words get put out into the world
- You want to be part of a community of writers
- You want to learn more about the publishing industry even if you don’t have a finished or even started project - but you have a dream of getting published
- You want to hear about the writing process of published authors
- You want to radically approve of your own writing process
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- To ask direct questions to published authors in the Q & A
- To get close-up, personal access to award-winning, published authors
- To gain information so you can decide which path to publishing you want to pursue or explore more
- To learn about important writing/publishing related topics
- To find out more about the pros and cons of publishing your book using one of the 4 most common book publishing routes: self publishing, hybrid publishing, small press publishing and larger, well-known press publication
- Confidence that you, too, can get published
- Information about having an agent versus not having an agent
- Tools and important skills to prepare your writing for publication
HOW WILL YOU FEEL AFTER THIS SERIES?
- Confident that there IS a place in the world for your words
- Confident that your dream of getting published will be realized
- Informed - you will feel more confident and able to make a decision about how you want to get published and clear about which next steps to take
- Supported by a community of authors
- Inspired to complete your writing projects so you can share your stories with the world!
- This series was created to build confidence in writers by demystifying the publishing industry so more writers can bridge the gap between writing their stories and getting them out into the world!
- Each workshop was designed to build upon the previous one, and though you will get a LOT from the individual workshops, you will get the MOST from participating in ALL of them! By the end of this series you will have so many tools and so much knowledge and confidence that you may even begin submitting your work before the series is over!
- Through the course of this entire series, you will journey from a place of uncertainty, lack of confident or overwhelm, from not knowing where to turn for clarity and guidance, to a place of confidence, informed decision-making and a sense of being part of the larger community of writers
THE FORMAT Join us for a Zoom at Noon (EST) one Friday of each month, when a different published or up-and-coming author with a freshly signed book contract will join us to talk about:
• Their own writing process
• Their personal path to publication
• A learning module related to writing and publishing
• Q & A with author
We look forward to seeing you there!
**BONUS: When you register, you get 10% discount for 1:1 coaching, editing or the next writing workshop series
- September Workshop$0$00$0
- Donation towards Series$10$100$0
- Donation for Series$25$250$0