My desire is to offer a space for others to create, to breathe, to contemplate, to reflect, and to grow—as humans and as writers. I encourage you to say “YES” to that voice inside you. You know the one: the one that has unspoken desires (or maybe you have screamed them from the top of a mountain and this is the Universe’s answer to you). Come, sit, and write. One-on-one, in small groups, or even from the comfort of your home…learn new skills that will catapult you to the next level of being!
My First Love. Writing
My loveship with writing began so long ago I barely remember it, but if I follow the first strand of memory it brings me to the old cedar swing that rested like a large ship on the lawn just outside the back door of my grandparent’s house. It shows me, from above, two heads bent in concentration: my mother’s black hair and mine, a soft reddish brown. She is showing me the letters. Teaching me how to write, one loop and curve at a time. I sink into my child’s body to feel the rough, splintering wood beneath my bare summer legs, the palms of one hand gripping the edge of the swing, as if I know to hold on tight: this is the beginning of a journey with words, and the waters of time may not always be smooth.
From my first feather pen, hand-made, I dipped into memory and imagination, creating marks on the page that became stories and poems. My imagination soared! Writing was a place—an actual place—I could go, whenever I wanted. The blank page felt like an empty white sand beach I could lie naked on, stretch out on, take up as much space as I wanted. Even now, a single mom with at times too many responsibilities, writing holds space for me. Each morning with my cup of coffee, I look out my window and observe the birds, the squirrels, the deer, even myself. I reflect, contemplate, and write. This tiny space carved out for me is essential to my humanness.
• MFA in Creative Nonfiction Writing from Sarah Lawrence College
• Official thesis editor for Pratt Institute (current)
• Professor of English Composition (current)
• 20 years of experience teaching writing
• Book Publishing Workshops in Paris (WICE)
• Nonfiction Essay & Memoir Writing Workshops
The Nyack Center, The Nyack Library, The American Library in Paris,
Valhalla Womens Correctional Facility
• In Publishing
Assistant Literary Agent
Senior Editor for an Educational Consulting & Publishing company
Marketing & Events Manager for a small, bilingual press
Freelance writer, editor and desktop publisher
How I Can Help You?
Schedule a complimentary
Send me a message in the form below.
- Pleasure Boarding WorkshopSat, Feb 13Online WorkshopFeb 13, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM ESTOnline WorkshopAs a celebration of love on Valentine's Day weekend, join us for an afternoon of fun, laughter and connection as we merge writing and vision boarding to tap into the pleasure of your daily life and the joy of having people to share our lives with, near and far!